Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Alexander Schatten <al...@gmx.net> on 2001/06/25 15:17:16 UTC

RPC-faults by ressource-problem?

I have installed Apache SOAP running on Enhydra Appserver on my
notebook.

when I develop SOAP RPC applications, I use JBuilder Enterprise parallel
to Enhydra and SOAP and Interclient/Interbase.

All RPCs work basically, but SOAP is extremely instable under these
conditions. Usually a few 3-5 RPC calls work, than RPC "crashes" by
sending RPC-fault strings (service not available...).

Can it be, that SOAP gets unstable when ressources are too small
(memory,...)?

thank you

Alex

A Question about Xerces parser

Posted by Anping Wang <an...@oracle.com>.
What would cause the following error

Generated fault:
  Fault Code   = SOAP-ENV:Server.Exception:
  Fault String = java.lang.AbstractMethodError

This occurred when the service uses a third party parser to construct a dom
element that will eventually return to the client. Please note that the
service works fine if an Xerces parser is used.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Anping

Re: RPC-faults by ressource-problem?

Posted by Alexander Schatten <al...@gmx.net>.
I can hardly give more details; I receive a fault string that the service is
not available.

the complete application works fine, when running "standalone"; but these
problems start when :

(1) SOAP is running in Enhydra App-Server
(2) the client app is running in JBuilder

as soon as I start the client from command-line no problems occur.

alex

Posted by Alexander Schatten <al...@gmx.net>.