Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Adam Smith <aj...@cornell.edu> on 2002/01/09 18:48:30 UTC

can't listen on port 110

I have been running James 1.2 on my Windows NT4 box for months now and it
has worked perfectly. Today I shut it down to install a new mailet and when
starting it up, it initialized the mailets, then gave me a message saying
that it is unable to open a listener on port 110.

The mailets run fine on another computer (windows 2000 with James 1.2).
netstat does not indicate anything listening on port 110, and in fact, when
I change the port number in the James.conf file, it tells me it can't open
the port no matter what number I use.

Any ideas are appreciated.