Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Jeff Barrett <JB...@sawyermedia.com> on 2003/01/24 22:05:02 UTC

[net] FTP protocal, LIST command, and "dot" files

I'm not clear on the capability of commons-net to list directories who's name begins w/ a period e.g. .svn, .ssh.  A standard FTPClient.listFiles() sends a LIST which doesn't return said files.

I know it's possible to get a detailed FTP listing w/ thos directories showing up, it's easy from a commandline ftp client.  But I have no idea how to do it at the FTP protocal/command level.  LIST just sends normal files/dirs, NLST doesn't do a log dir listing.

Am I doing something wrong?  If there's something I can fix, I'd be glad to do so and submit a patch.  I just need to know a little more.

+jeff