Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com> on 2003/08/21 05:05:38 UTC

[lang] Lang website

As is probably obvious by now, I'm planning to publish a JDiff report on
the website as a part of the Lang site. I think it's very useful for us.

Should I also modify it to list the tools that have been useful to us?

Maven, Clover, FindBugs and JDiff being the ones that spring to mind? and
Ant :)

Hen

Re: [lang] Lang website

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003, Phil Steitz wrote:

> --- Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com> wrote:
> >
> > As is probably obvious by now, I'm planning to publish a JDiff report on
> > the website as a part of the Lang site. I think it's very useful for us.
> >
> > Should I also modify it to list the tools that have been useful to us?
> >
> > Maven, Clover, FindBugs and JDiff being the ones that spring to mind? and
> > Ant :)
>
> +1 by all means, lets give credit!
>
> Speaking of credit, I just grepped for @authors in lang sources and found
> 49 distinct names beyond the committers.  Shall I add these names (alpha
> sorted, including emails iff email is in the @author tag) to the
> contributors section of project.xml?

I think so. The biggest problem is whether we want to ensure that email
addresses are obscured in some way [which Maven may not do yet]. I saw
Brian suggest on the infrastructure list that the Apache site should be
obfuscating email addresses.

Hen

Re: [lang] Lang website

Posted by Phil Steitz <st...@yahoo.com>.