Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net> on 2010/06/05 22:12:44 UTC

Discussion: Cleanup of Wiki Navigation

Hi all,

I think the Wiki Navigation of CXF has become a bit large. On my
notebook (1600x900) it is not possible to see the whole navigation
without scrolling.
We currently have 38 lines of text (Headers and Links). My proposal
below will only be 29 lines. I could not check if it will then fit the
screen but it will surely help.

So what do you think?

Greetings

Christian

-----

h3. [Apache CXF|Index]

- [Home|Index]
- [Download]
- [People]
- [Project Status]
- [Roadmap]
- [Special Thanks]

h3. Users

- [User's Guide|http://cxf.apache.org/docs/index.html]
- [Support]
- [FAQ]
- [Resources and Articles]

h3. Developers

- [Architecture Guide|http://cxf.apache.org/docs/cxf-architecture.html]
- [Source Repository]
- [Building]
- [Testing-Debugging]
- [Coding Guidelines]
- [Getting Involved]
- [Release Management]

h3. Subprojects

- [Distributed OSGi]
- [XJC Utils]
- [Build Utils]

h3. ASF

- [How Apache Works|http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html]
- [Foundation|http://www.apache.org/foundation/]
- [Sponsor Apache|http://www.apache.org/foundation/sponsorship.html]
- [Thanks|http://www.apache.org/foundation/thanks.html]

------
Explanation of Changes:

Reordered developers section to be in the order a new developer will
probably do stuff.

Deleted:

Moved below support:
Mailing lists
Issues

Moved to User´s Guide
- [2.1 Migration Guide]
- [2.2 Migration Guide]
- [2.3 Migration Guide]

Moved to developers or user´s guide:
h3. API Documentation (Javadoc)

- [Latest|http://cxf.apache.org/javadoc/latest/]
- [Latest 2.1.x|http://cxf.apache.org/javadoc/latest-2.1.x/]
- [Latest 2.0.x|http://cxf.apache.org/javadoc/latest-2.0.x/]

Moved to building
- [Setting up Eclipse]

--
----
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Re: Discussion: Cleanup of Wiki Navigation

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

Christian,

Did the stuff that is marked "Moved to User´s Guide" ever actually get moved?
I don't see them there.

Thanks!
Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: Discussion: Cleanup of Wiki Navigation

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.
Well done!

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
I have now changed the Navigation in the Wiki. Like Dan and you proposed
I have restored the Mailing List and Jira Links.

See: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CXF/Navigation

Greetings

Christian

--