Posted to user@struts.apache.org by ch...@kattare.com on 2005/07/18 13:11:10 UTC

Calling validator rule direct from code

Hi,

Using Tomcat 5,   I have an application which builds a multipage web
form based on data from a database and user input.  I’d like to be able
to use the validtator to it but can’t determine the required fields
until run time.  I was wondering how I could use the pre-build
validator rules in this situation.  It is possible to explicitly call a
validator rule directly from a servlet.    For example suppose I wanted
to call the date validation rule passing it a string containing a date
field and a datePattern of mm/dd/yyyy.  Can this be done?  If so does
anyone have an example?  Or is there another way of solving this?

Thanks,

Charles

Re: Calling validator rule direct from code

Posted by ch...@kattare.com.
Thanks for this.  I think I’m going to have to go a bit outside of
standard Struts functionality to do what I need to do but the validator
is part of commons now of course so I can make code level calls that
way.

3ccd0k69$78m$1@sea.gmane.org%3e

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Good Morning Charles