Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Wim Deblauwe <wi...@gmail.com> on 2005/09/20 14:39:57 UTC

Re: [m1.1b1] log4j error

Is this solved in Maven 1.1 beta 2? Also what is the JIRA issue related to
this problem?

Re: [m1.1b1] log4j error

Posted by Lukas Theussl <lt...@apache.org>.
The core doesn't use velocity, so you might just have to build the
plugins that depend on velocity [1] from sources. Actually, AFAICT, only
artifact, multiproject and xdoc use the velocity:merge tag. Just replace
the velocity dependency by a current snapshot (don't know if there's one
published, possibly have to build that from sources as well, and put it
in your local repo). You might have to do the same with
commons-jelly-tags-velocity. Run 'maven plugin:install' and you're set.
No guarantee, but let us know if it works! :)

-Lukas

[1]
http://maven.apache.org/maven-1.x/plugins/bundled/dependency-convergence-report.html#velocity-dvsl:velocity-dvsl

Re: [m1.1b1] log4j error

Re: [m1.1b1] log4j error

Posted by Lukas Theussl <lt...@apache.org>.
It's been tracked down to a memory leak in velocity [1] which is fixed
in the current development version, but as long as velocity-1.5 is not
released, the problem will persist in m1.1. It basically happens
whenever the velocity:merge tag is called more than once within one
jelly session, like in the xdoc:generate-from-pom goal.

-Lukas

[1] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/VELOCITY-193

Re: [m1.1b1] log4j error

Posted by ysl2001 <yo...@gmail.com>.