Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Jockel <Jo...@gmx.de> on 2007/07/31 19:33:29 UTC

Possible to trigger ModalDialog by commandButton?

Hello!

I want to make user-confirmations for some actions triggered by
commandButtons.

If this should be done with a link instead of a button, I could use
<OutputLink>-Element and <ModalDialog>-Element.

But when I put the javascript in the onclick-Attribute of a
<commandButton>-Element I do not get the desired solution. The ModalDialog
blinks up and then the newly rendered page returns from the server without
the Modaldialog of course.
Code for this solution that does not work:
<t:commandButton  id="submit" value="Say Hello"
onclick="dojoDialog.show();document.getElementById('filter1').focus();"/>
<s:modalDialog dialogId="DialogContent" dialogVar="dojoDialog"
				dialogAttr="bgColor='white' bgOpacity='0.5' toggle='fade'
toggleDuration='250'"
				hiderIds="cancel1,cancel2,cancel3" styleClass="dojoDialog">
				<h:panelGrid columns="1">
					<h:panelGrid columns="2">
						<t:inputText id="filter1" forceId="true" value="Test" size="25" />
						<t:commandButton id="cancel1" forceId="true" value="OK"
							onclick="dojo.widget.byId('DialogContent').hide();"/>
					</h:panelGrid>

Has anybody a suggestion how I could solve my problem? Best would be a
solution where I can turn on and of the confirmation-step.

Thank you for reading this and any suggestions.

Best regards,

Jörg

Re: Possible to trigger ModalDialog by commandButton?

Posted by David Delbecq <de...@oma.be>.
hi,

in the onclick, if you don't want the submit to happen, you must "return
false;" Otherwise, after execution of script, form is submited.

En l'instant précis du 31/07/07 20:45, Jockel s'exprimait en ces termes:

--
http://www.noooxml.org/

Re: Possible to trigger ModalDialog by commandButton?

Posted by Jockel <Jo...@gmx.de>.