Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/22 06:57:35 UTC

Congratulations on your new role as PMC at Apache OpenMeetings

Hi Daniel,

in recognition of your contributions to Apache OpenMeetings, the
OpenMeetings PMC has voted you into the project managment committee / made
you a committer and PMC.

We hope you continue to add value to our project as you did before and the
new role will help you to even advance further.

Next steps:
We are awaiting the secretary to add your ICLA to the list, so I can apply
for your Apache Id. Please drop me a short nore with your desired Apache
ID. I need that information to submit the account form for you.

Once I can submit the form, the account creation usually happens quite
immediate.

There are a number of useful links to look at. What I think is a really
nice ressource that wraps it up is:
http://www.apache.org/dev/new-committers-guide.html

You do not have to do all of those steps. However the more you do the more
you can do later as a PMC.
For instance the PGP keys are required if you create release packages. You
only create release packages if the project nominates you as a release
manager. Other then that it might be sufficient to get starts to import the
PGP keys of others, so you can control/verify that our release packages are
correctly signed by the release manager.

There is of course also plenty of documentation beyond that:
http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html
http://www.apache.org/dev/committers.html
http://www.apache.org/dev/

And don't miss to sign up for the @dev and @private list.
@dev list is where we vote for releases
@private list is where we vote for new PMCs

If you have any further questions please let us know,

Thanks,
Sebastian
--
Sebastian Wagner
https://twitter.com/#!/dead_lock

Re: Congratulations on your new role as PMC at Apache OpenMeetings

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
Just like with the user list:
http://openmeetings.apache.org/mail-lists.html

Send an email to the subscribe email address.

The only difference with the @private list is that you need a moderator to
approve it.
On the @dev list there is no approval from a moderator needed.

Please let me know once you have successfully ssh logged into with the
command: ssh danpa@people.apache.org
To the server at people.apache.org. Then I can finish setting up your user
account.

Sebastian