Posted to user@spark.apache.org by "Kali.tummala@gmail.com" <Ka...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/05 22:47:37 UTC

spark local dir to HDFS ?

Hi All,

can I set spark.local.dir to HDFS location instead of /tmp folder ?

I tried setting up temp folder to HDFS but it didn't worked can
spark.local.dir write to HDFS ?

.set("spark.local.dir","hdfs://namednode/spark_tmp/")

16/07/05 15:35:47 ERROR DiskBlockManager: Failed to create local dir in
hdfs://namenode/spark_tmp/. Ignoring this directory.
java.io.IOException: Failed to create a temp directory (under
hdfs://namenode/spark_tmp/) after 10 attempts!

Thanks
Sri

Re: spark local dir to HDFS ?

Posted by sri hari kali charan Tummala <ka...@gmail.com>.
thanks makes sense, can anyone answer this below question ?

http://apache-spark-user-list.1001560.n3.nabble.com/spark-parquet-too-many-small-files-td27264.html

Thanks
Sri

--
Thanks & Regards
Sri Tummala

Re: spark local dir to HDFS ?

Posted by Saisai Shao <sa...@gmail.com>.

Re: spark local dir to HDFS ?

Posted by Sri <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hi ,

Re: spark local dir to HDFS ?

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.
Any reason why you want to set this on hdfs ?

On Tue, Jul 5, 2016 at 3:47 PM, Kali.tummala@gmail.com <
Kali.tummala@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> can I set spark.local.dir to HDFS location instead of /tmp folder ?
>
> I tried setting up temp folder to HDFS but it didn't worked can
> spark.local.dir write to HDFS ?
>
> .set("spark.local.dir","hdfs://namednode/spark_tmp/")
>

> 16/07/05 15:35:47 ERROR DiskBlockManager: Failed to create local dir in
> hdfs://namenode/spark_tmp/. Ignoring this directory.
> java.io.IOException: Failed to create a temp directory (under
> hdfs://namenode/spark_tmp/) after 10 attempts!
>

> Thanks
> Sri

Best Regards

Jeff Zhang