Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Santosh Math <sa...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/16 06:46:05 UTC

Compiling Tomcat 7.0.55 with Java 6

Hi All,

I tried to import tomcat 7.0.55 source into eclipse with Java 6, i got few
errors related to Classes which are not present in Java 6. When i upgraded
to Java 7, it got resolved.

Does Java 7 is required for building/compiling tomcat from source? If yes,
then update is required in following page,

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/building.html

Thanks,
Santosh

Re: Compiling Tomcat 7.0.55 with Java 6

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 16/09/2014 05:46, Santosh Math wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I tried to import tomcat 7.0.55 source into eclipse with Java 6, i got few
> errors related to Classes which are not present in Java 6. When i upgraded
> to Java 7, it got resolved.

As expected.

> Does Java 7 is required for building/compiling tomcat from source?

It depends. For full details:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tc7.0.x/trunk/BUILDING.txt

> If yes, then update is required in following page,
>
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/building.html

Patches welcome.

Mark