Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Henning Heil <he...@dl.deutsche-leasing.de> on 2003/03/27 10:39:36 UTC

[OT] destructive / negative / pathology testing *help, help!*

Hi all together!

Meanwhile I found out that what I am looking for is best known as "negative testing", trying to break an application puckish, to make it fail more or less serious. I am really really in a hurry (and stuck at the moment) getting information on this topic (I wouldn't ask here if not).

Does anyone have web-links, pdf or other files and can provide those to me? Topics of interest might be a test strategy for "negative testing" or _even_more_ concrete samples of test cases! Most documents if found say that one can convert existing test cases to negative test cases BUT how?

Any help will be welcome - thanks a lot!

Rgds,

Henning Heil

P.S.: This must not necessarily go over the list, PM will be fine.
P.P.S.: If anyone is interested in I can provide the material I found so far