Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk> on 2005/10/01 02:53:53 UTC

Re: [Axis2]search for poperties not registered in Message Context are expensive!!

On Fri, 2005-09-30 at 16:39 -0500, Srinath Perera wrote:
> get methods Axis2 properties in the message context search the hierarchy
> of contexts before return null. (See "Information Model" in the Archi document.)
>
> That means the searches that would be successful are OK but the
> searches that would fail are very bad as they search the complete
> hierarchy before return null. To best of my knowladge there are few of
> such porperties (e.g. rest, Mtom that does not exists in normal cases
> )I am wondering does that have saying on the performance of the Axis2.
> (With all the work it must be better)

Is there an alternate approach to doing properties which would avoid the
perf problem? Clearly we can't get rid of the property stuff.

Sanjiva.

Re: [Axis2]search for poperties not registered in Message Context are expensive!!

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
how about a flag to specifically search parents? or even a flag with
bits flipped on which parent in the hierarchy should be searched
explicitly?

--
Davanum Srinivas : http://wso2.com/ - Oxygenating The Web Service Platform