Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Chris Harris <ch...@baxter.com> on 2012/03/28 21:01:36 UTC

RE: How can I use a Maven plugin to change Eclipse WebSphere Deployment Classloader mode to PARENT_LAST

Nabble didn't ever email me that I had replies to my post, so apologies to
you two for never responding until now.  paulv, Could you please remove my
Email info from your reply?

Anyway, I happened to revisit this issue recently since I first posted.

Eclipse/RAD now has better Maven support via m2e, which is what I was using
within RAD 8.0.x.  This WTP/Maven improvement is what prompted me to revisit
my post's problem, which seems to be resolved now.

I happened to visit the page for the eclipse:rad plugin, and, lo and behold,
the most recent version is v2.9, which includes:

classpathContainersLast:
Put classpath container entries last in eclipse classpath configuration.
Note that this behaviour, although useful in situations were you want to
override resources found in classpath containers, will made JRE classes
loaded after 3rd party jars, so enabling it is not suggested.

    Type: boolean
    Since: 2.9
    Required: No
    Expression: ${eclipse.classpathContainersLast}
    Default: false

Today is a good day :-)

 - Chris

Re: How can I use a Maven plugin to change Eclipse WebSphere Deployment Classloader mode to PARENT_LAST

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 4:35 PM, Chris Harris <blah> wrote:
> I know it was in the OP.  I edited the OP and removed that info upon
> discovery.

You do realize that the Maven Users list is archived in places *other*
than Nabble, right? And those places do not allow people to randomly
edit old emails to remove anything.

Don't send anything to this list that you don't want permanently
archived and indexed by search engines. ;-)

Wayne

Re: How can I use a Maven plugin to change Eclipse WebSphere Deployment Classloader mode to PARENT_LAST

Posted by Chris Harris <ch...@baxter.com>.
I know it was in the OP.  I edited the OP and removed that info upon
discovery.

Good to know about m2e and eclipse:rad.  Someone else also PM'ed me (which
is fine but another reason I hope to have my info/disclaimer removed from
the reply) and provided me with another alternative (thanks to Datta):

" http://maven.40175.n5.nabble.com/file/n5601870/RAD_m2e.pdf RAD_m2e.pdf You
have to do everything what is mentioned in the attached document which I
believe you have. Then as usual generate the ibmconfig files by  right click
-> JAVA EE -> generate deployment disctriptor.

You then have to copy the generated files into
src/main/application/META-INF.

You will have to add the following line in the
“org.eclipse.wst.common.component”  file and everything works like a charm.

Changing the “org.eclipse.wst.common.component” file will let maven + RAD
know where to go and find the CLassLoader information. Then you can go and
change the  class loader to what you want . whether it is parent_last or
parent_first.

By not changing it m2eclipse does not know and then evertime you do a clean
it will over ride it."

Re: How can I use a Maven plugin to change Eclipse WebSphere Deployment Classloader mode to PARENT_LAST

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 5:31 AM, Chris Harris <ch...@baxter.com> wrote:
> Nabble didn't ever email me that I had replies to my post, so apologies to
> you two for never responding until now.  paulv, Could you please remove my
> Email info from your reply?

Chris, your email details are clearly listed in the header details of your post.
If you were expected anonymous posting from nabble you might want to
check that.

> Eclipse/RAD now has better Maven support via m2e, which is what I was using
> within RAD 8.0.x.  This WTP/Maven improvement is what prompted me to revisit
> my post's problem, which seems to be resolved now.
>
> I happened to visit the page for the eclipse:rad plugin, and, lo and behold,
> the most recent version is v2.9, which includes:
[del]

m2e and eclipse:rad are not the compatible.

Choose one and stick with it.
m2e should provide a warning if you have configured your project via
the maven-eclipse-plugin.