Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de> on 2007/08/03 01:11:07 UTC

problems with tapestry-spring 1.0.0 and tapestry 4.1.2 when using maven

Hi List,

I just stumbled over this problem while starting a new project using
maven. This project ought to depend on Tapestry 4.1.2-SNAPSHOT and
tapestry-spring 1.0.0 for Spring integration. Because tapestry-spring
1.0.0 depends on groupId tapestry and artifactIds tapestry and
tapestry-annotations it adds an implicit dependency on Tapestry 4.0.2.
Whenever I wanted to run this project using the maven-jetty-plugin I got
exceptions telling me that there were two versions of hivemodule.xml,
one coming from T4.0.2 and one from T4.1.2.
Whoever might come across the same problem, add this to your pom.xml:

<dependency>
   <groupId>com.javaforge.tapestry</groupId>
   <artifactId>tapestry-spring</artifactId>
   <version>1.0.0</version>
   <exclusions>
     <exclusion>
       <groupId>tapestry</groupId>
       <artifactId>tapestry</artifactId>
     </exclusion>
     <exclusion>
       <groupId>tapestry</groupId>
       <artifactId>tapestry-annotations</artifactId>
     </exclusion>
   </exclusions>
</dependency>

This will explicitly exclude Tapestry 4.0.2.

Cheers,

Uli