Posted to dev@xmlbeans.apache.org by Radu Preotiuc-Pietro <ra...@bea.com> on 2007/04/27 06:02:40 UTC

RE: How To Parse Xml fragments into a usable XmlBeans Object - cannot get xml to validate, cannot get XmlBean populated.

I don't know how relevant this is after 2 1/2 months, but I have ran
into it and decided to answer, maybe it will be useful.

You almost got it to work, except for the fact that an xml-fragment is
just a container for the case when you have a sequence of child
elements/attributes but no container element. The type of the xml
fragment has to be a type that can contain the elements in the fragment.

To be more specific, in the case below either:

1. You parse the fragment using the Application type:

    XmlObject.Factory.parse(sr, ApplicationDocument.Application.type,
null);

2. You modify the fragment so that it doesn't contain a <Table> element:

  "<xml-fragment xmlns:cfgr=\"http://prosrm.com/configurator/xmlbeans\"
" +

                              "  name=\"MyTable1\" >" +

                              "    <cfgr:Column name=\"MyCol\"