Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Andy Weiss <aw...@volpico.com> on 2006/03/17 21:53:30 UTC

Re: WS-I Basic Security Profile

I need to know if Axis C++ supports the WS-I Basic Security profile at all,
namely the Username token.

I haven't seen talk about this on the list since May of 2005.  Any progress?

Andy Weiss

RE: WS-I Basic Security Profile

Posted by Andy Weiss <aw...@volpico.com>.
Does anyone use AxisCPP in its OS/400 (IBM iSeries) form, namely WSCC?  If
so, I'd love to hear from you so that we can possibly share some tips and
tricks.

Andy Weiss
aweiss@volpico.com

RE: WS-I Basic Security Profile

Posted by John Hawkins <HA...@uk.ibm.com>.
axiscpp does have ssl. support which has satisfied most users thus far -
this was put in before ws-i security profile was around.

We have concentrated on being ws-i profile 1.0 and then 1.1 compliant
(when it came)
So, sure, ws-i * profiles would be great but in reality the time taken
would be time out of stabilising the code and enhancing its basic SOAP
support (it's a lot harder in C than in Java to cover platforms :-)

It's not on the radar that the axisCPP client will support ws-i security
as this sort of function will be put into axis2C.

hope this helps,
John.

"Andy Weiss" <aw...@volpico.com>
21/03/2006 17:59
Please respond to
"Apache AXIS C User List" <ax...@ws.apache.org>

"'Apache AXIS C User List'" <ax...@ws.apache.org>
cc

Subject
RE: WS-I Basic Security Profile

Interesting ...

No criticism here, just curiosity:  If Axis CPP does not support the WS-I
Basic Security Profile ... then what do web service clients written in CPP
do?  Do they consume web services which do not require authentication?  Do
they consume web services which require authentication using a method
other
than WS-I?  If so, why is this true?  WS-I is supposed to be the "industry
standard", is it not?

I guess what I want to know is, am I going down the wrong path by
generating
(and consuming in a test application) a web service which abides by WS-I
security standards and forces all clients to abide by it as well?  If the
consensus is that the standard is not to be relied upon, I'd like to know.

Andy Weiss

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andy Weiss <aw...@volpico.com>.

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com>.