Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Tim Davidson <ti...@greenhatconsulting.com> on 2003/08/12 12:39:02 UTC

Newbie how to place logfile under tomcat logs

Hi,

 this may be more a tomcat question so appologies if it is off-topic.
 I want to plcae the log file under %TOMCAT_HOME%\logs (where all the tomcat logs go).

 I have defined in web.xml:

  <servlet>
     <servlet-name>MyServlet</servlet-name>
     <servlet-class>foo.bar.MyServlet</servlet-class>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>logfile</param-name>
      <param-value>logs.txt</param-value>
    </init-param>
  </servlet>

and in the servlet:

        String logFile = getInitParameter("logfile");
        appender = new FileAppender(layout, logFile);

How can I change this to put the log file under tomcat\logs without hard coding the path?