Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by Sergio Alvarez Napagao <tr...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/05 01:41:31 UTC

XSD to Thrift

Hi all,

I'm new to this list, so I'm not really sure this should go here, but I'll try :)

In a project we are working, we want to try Thrift, but the problem is that we mainly use huge XSDs to define our data formats. So I've coded a small parser to convert from XSD to Thrift. It has some obvious limitations, the most notorious probably being the lack of full support for inheritance, but it's quite ok for us.

In case anybody is interested in trying it, I've committed the code at: http://github.com/tranchis/xsd2thrift

The code is a bit messy, it's not documented, not tested extensively, etc. But I've tested it with some XSDs generated from EMF, and there is an example in the contrib/ directory that works. In order to run it, executing "java -jar dist/xsd2thrift.jar <filename.xsd>" should be enough.

Let me know if you think this tool might be useful and how it could be improved.

Best,

Sergio.