Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Suraj Khurana <su...@hotwaxsystems.com> on 2017/12/01 08:37:58 UTC

Facility on OrderHeader

Hello,

We can associate facility at ship group level, every SO or PO contains at
least one ship group as well.
Is there any other case for which we need to maintain the facility at
OrderHeader level?
If not, I propose we should remove it from OrderHeader level and always
maintain it at ship group level.

Please share your thoughts on this.
--
Thanks and Regards,
*Suraj Khurana* | Sr. Enterprise Software Engineer

Re: Facility on OrderHeader

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
If and when an OFBiz adopter has multiple warehouses, it can be the case
that an Sales Order is placed that needs to be fulfilled from more than one
location (given the stock levels). It can also be the case that a Purchase
Order is placed with the requirement to deliver to more than one location.

In such scenarios having a 1-on-1 relationship between the order and the
facility may cause confusions and missed deliveries. Avoiding this is
better for adoption.

For what it is worth:
Service Orders (whether PO or SO) don't require a shipment (thus no need
for a ship group),
Delivery of intangibles (downloads, etc) can require a ship group,
depending on where the intangible is delivered from. But then we may be
stretching the definition of the term 'ship group'.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
OFBiz based solutions & services

OEM - The OFBiz Extensions Marketplace1
http://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2/
1 not affiliated to (and not endorsed by) the OFBiz project

Re: Facility on OrderHeader

Posted by Paul Foxworthy <pa...@cohsoft.com.au>.
Hi Suraj,

Is there still a ship group for intangibles like services or digital
downloads?

Thanks

Paul Foxworthy

On 1 December 2017 at 19:37, Suraj Khurana <su...@hotwaxsystems.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We can associate facility at ship group level, every SO or PO contains at
> least one ship group as well.
> Is there any other case for which we need to maintain the facility at
> OrderHeader level?
> If not, I propose we should remove it from OrderHeader level and always
> maintain it at ship group level.
>
> Please share your thoughts on this.
> --
> Thanks and Regards,
> *Suraj Khurana* | Sr. Enterprise Software Engineer
> *HotWax Commerce*  by  *HotWax Systems*
> Plot no. 80, Scheme no. 78, Vijay Nagar, Indore, M.P. India 452010

--
Coherent Software Australia Pty Ltd
PO Box 2773

Phone: +61 3 9585 6788