Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2010/06/30 20:46:25 UTC

Some more issues with releasing the build artifacts

>From my reading of documentation, I thought that the 1-SNAPSHOT
references in the build artifacts would be replaced with 1, for the
release.  This is true for parent-pom references, and for pom versions
and (I believe) for dependencies in outer dependencies sections.
However, they are not being replaced in dependencies within the <build>
elements.

To fix this, it now appears it is necessary to release things more
piecemeal.

That is, something like:

release uima-jar-resource-bundle
  then change the aggregate-parent-pom to depend on that version
  then re-release the parent-pom-top because it currently depends on
that at the 1-SNAPSHOT level

release uima-build-helper-maven-plugin & uima-docbook-resource-bundle
  then change the parent-pom-docbook to depend on those versions

release uima-assembly-single-project
  then change parent-pom-single-project to depend on that version

release PearPackaginMavenPlugin - (2.3.1)
  then change the parent-pom-annotator to depend on that version

I'll do this in probably 3 vote batches, the minimum I can figure out.

-Marshall