Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Steve Russell <sr...@zeera.net> on 2002/09/06 22:25:01 UTC

Tomcat 4.03 Problems Setting up a

Hi;

I'm using Tomcat 4.03 with Red Hat 7.3.

I'm having trouble setting up a <Context> for a web application and I
was hoping someone could give me a clue to what I missed in reading the
manual.

First I set up a "test" web app like this:
<Context path="/Projects" docBase="/home/srussell/Projects" debug="0"
reloadable="true"/>

It worked.

Then, I did the same thing, but for a different directory:

<Context path="/zoora" docBase="/zoora" debug="0" reloadable="true"/>

Did *NOT* work, yet when I set the docBase to "/zoora/mysubdir" it worked.

Is Tomcat 4.03 blind to directories right off of root ?

I am the owner of /zoora.  It and all of its subdirs are chmoded to 777.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Steve

Re: Tomcat 4.03 Problems Setting up a

Posted by Steve Russell <sr...@zeera.net>.
Good to know, but I don't have the option of putting my project in the
webapps folder.  I need to set it up elsewhere.

Steve

Ravindra K. Bhat wrote:
> I dont think you need to create a context in 4.X ..include your folder in
> the webapps folder ie for example test then you can access it by typing
> http://localhost:8080/test in you browser...
> The context was needed in 3.x..
>
> On Fri, 6 Sep 2002, Steve Russell wrote:
>

>>Hi;
>>
>>I'm using Tomcat 4.03 with Red Hat 7.3.
>>
>>I'm having trouble setting up a <Context> for a web application and I
>>was hoping someone could give me a clue to what I missed in reading the
>>manual.
>>
>>First I set up a "test" web app like this:
>><Context path="/Projects" docBase="/home/srussell/Projects" debug="0"
>>reloadable="true"/>
>>

>>It worked.
>>

>>Then, I did the same thing, but for a different directory:
>>

>><Context path="/zoora" docBase="/zoora" debug="0" reloadable="true"/>
>>
>>Did *NOT* work, yet when I set the docBase to "/zoora/mysubdir" it worked.
>>
>>Is Tomcat 4.03 blind to directories right off of root ?
>>
>>I am the owner of /zoora.  It and all of its subdirs are chmoded to 777.
>>
>>Any ideas?
>>
>>Thanks in advance
>>

>>Steve
>>

>>--