Posted to dev@openwebbeans.apache.org by Gurkan Erdogdu <gu...@yahoo.com> on 2010/07/11 15:11:53 UTC

Java EE Web Profile TCK

Hello folks

Is anybody know how to get Java EE Web Profile TCK from Oracle/Sun?  Or show me
a pointer?

Thanks;

--Gurkan

Re: Java EE Web Profile TCK

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
Hi Gurkan!

I fear it's not possible to sign something in your name. It's a personal form and is not transferable.

Historically Sun made a good amount of money with those TCKs. They have been (and still get) sold to big J2EE server manufacturers like Bea and IBM. It is cost free to build an own EE server, but it's pretty expensive to get it certificated.
The ASF has a special deal for getting those TCKs for free but the people who get access must sign a NDA and must not hand out the TCK or use it for non ASF projects.

The JSR-299 and a very few other new JSRs are very special by publishing the TCK under ASL or another open license. But this is still not the standard case for most EE JSRs.

LieGrue,
strub

Posted by Gurkan Erdogdu <gu...@yahoo.com>.
Mark,