Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org> on 2019/05/13 19:34:45 UTC

[DISCUSS] Updating categorical info on Jira

I see BijuN doing a lot of work lately to try to categorize issues
better. Thanks to him for trying to make Jira more usable in that regard!

One concern I have is that we have duplicative categorization:
components and labels. I prefer components as they push us into curated
"names" whereas a label might have skew in capitalization (e.g. "quota",
"Quota", "quotas", "space quota").

What do others think?

Re: [DISCUSS] Updating categorical info on Jira

Posted by Biju N <bi...@gmail.com>.
Thank you. Will use them.

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.