Posted to dev@avro.apache.org by Andrew Craft <am...@googlemail.com> on 2011/12/12 15:55:22 UTC

RPC implementation

Noticed that a jira for RPC support in C# was created (AVRO-975), I
have been working on an implementation:

* fixed protocol MD5 hash to correctly match java
* specific/generic requestor implement (sync only at the moment) -
using castle dynamic proxy
* tcp client implementation
* additional - wrapped codegen in msbuild task to easily integrate

Would you be willing to accept in current state without everything
implemented (http client etc, async protocols) , just need a couple of
days to tidy to make clean and can submit patch, with some unit tests.
Haven't had a chance to test on mono yet.

thanks
Andrew

Re: RPC implementation

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.
On 12/12/2011 06:55 AM, Andrew Craft wrote:
> Would you be willing to accept in current state without everything
> implemented (http client etc, async protocols) , just need a couple of
> days to tidy to make clean and can submit patch, with some unit tests.
> Haven't had a chance to test on mono yet.

Yes, that'd be great to have!  There's already a Jira issue at:

It's best if tests also pass on Mono, but we can work on that once
you've posted the patch.

Thanks!

Doug