Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Robert Montgomery <mo...@yahoo.com> on 2008/04/27 13:43:17 UTC

[users@httpd] rejecting non GET/POST methods

Is there a way to tell apache to completely ignore
certain methods, ie, PROPFIND, CCM_POST, CONNECT,
OPTIONS, etc.. (and NOT write those requests to the
log files either!)

I've tried LIMIT & LIMIT EXCEPT directives, but I'm
not sure if they are working (I still see those
requests being logged).

Also, are there any methods other than GET/POST that I
should also consider allowing?  We do nothing fancy,
just typical websites on LAMP platforms, so I know of
no need for any methods other than GET/POST.

Many Thanks,
Rob

Re: [users@httpd] rejecting non GET/POST methods

Posted by Robert Montgomery <mo...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks for the feedback Joshua.

I would still see any attacks by the number of
connections in netstat (which I do monitor). But as
you point out, there is still certainly some
justification to continue logging rejected requests.
If I can use the conditional logging to write rejected
requests to a separate log file, that would be a good
compromise.

Thanks for the tips, I'll check out the conditional
logging.

Best Regards,
Rob

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/logs.html#conditional