Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by "Trieloff, Carl" <CT...@iona.com> on 2005/12/22 20:54:07 UTC

SCA and mbeans

How does SCA integrate with JMX/ and deal with dynamic configuration? Does it define a model
or is it up to the implementer?

Carl.

Re: SCA and mbeans

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.
Trieloff, Carl wrote:

> How does SCA integrate with JMX/ and deal with dynamic configuration? Does it define a model
> or is it up to the implementer?

To my knowledge this is an area the spec has not yet addressed although
a common management model would seem to be a good idea (not just for JMX
but also WS-DM or SNMP). There is an API for the static model metadata
through the ModuleContext but IMO it still needs some spec work.

In Tuscany we currently have the static model of the configuration (in
the model module) and the intent is to instrument the runtime components
for a more dynamic model (e.g. service throughput). I don't think we
would create a hard dependency on JMX (e.g. by extending MBean classes)
but would use a bridge between the runtime and the MBeanServer.

--
Jeremy