Posted to users@camel.apache.org by ckiran <ki...@ymail.com> on 2012/02/20 18:43:20 UTC

HTTPS Usage

Hi,

I am trying to use camel HTTP4 component with SSL. The certificates are set
up on client and server for 2 way SSL and followingis the client side code.

CamelContext camelCtx = new DefaultCamelContext();
		KeyStoreParameters ksp = new KeyStoreParameters();
		ksp.setResource("C:\\work\\client.jks");
		ksp.setPassword("client");
		KeyManagersParameters kmp = new KeyManagersParameters();
		kmp.setKeyStore(ksp);
		kmp.setKeyPassword("client");
		SSLContextParameters scp = new SSLContextParameters();
		scp.setKeyManagers(kmp);
		HttpComponent httpComponent = camelCtx.getComponent("https4",
HttpComponent.class);
		httpComponent.setSslContextParameters(scp);

		try {

			Exchange exchange =
camelCtx.createProducerTemplate().send("https4://localhost:8443", new
Processor() {
	                exchange.getIn().setHeader(Exchange.HTTP_METHOD, "GET");
	            }
			});

			System.out.println("Object is " + exchange);

		} catch (Exception e) {
			// TODO Auto-generated catch block
			e.printStackTrace();
		}

		System.out.println("Complete!!!!!!");
	}

I am always getting a null pointer exception on teh line I create the
exchange and send. Any idea what is going wrong here. This is a simple HTTPS
service which returns some xml data. Outside of Camel I tested this service
from browser and it works fine.

Can someone point out whats wrong in this code?

Regards
Kiran

Re: HTTPS Usage

Posted by Taariq Levack <ta...@gmail.com>.
Hi

You didn't start the camel context, so the component is not started, so the
connection manager is not initialised either.
Please try camelCtx.start();

Taariq

Re: HTTPS Usage