Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Joan Ventus Proxy <jo...@ventusproxy.com> on 2009/04/16 17:13:22 UTC

DEPLOY ON STARTUP

Hello,

I'm working with Tomcat 6.0.16. Is there any way to avoid tomcat deploys
"war" files when starting? In my host I've set "autoDeploy" to false and
"deployOnStartup" to false, but when Tomcat starts, it deploys my "wars".

Thanks in advance,

Joan.

Re: DEPLOY ON STARTUP

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: Mark Thomas [mailto:markt@apache.org]
>> Subject: Re: DEPLOY ON STARTUP
>>
>> Any context defined in server.xml always gets deployed.
>> deployOnStartup and autoDeploy apply only to contexts
>> 'discovered' by Tomcat.
>
> With both autoDeploy and deployOnStartup disabled and no <Context> elements in server.xml in Tomcat 6.0, I have been unable to discover any means of deploying a webapp.  Is there a trick to making this a usable configuration, other than putting a <Context> for the manager webapp in server.xml?

I don't think so. You *might* be able to do something via JMX but I
haven't checked.

Mark

RE: DEPLOY ON STARTUP

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Mark Thomas [mailto:markt@apache.org]
> Subject: Re: DEPLOY ON STARTUP
>
> Any context defined in server.xml always gets deployed.
> deployOnStartup and autoDeploy apply only to contexts
> 'discovered' by Tomcat.

With both autoDeploy and deployOnStartup disabled and no <Context> elements in server.xml in Tomcat 6.0, I have been unable to discover any means of deploying a webapp.  Is there a trick to making this a usable configuration, other than putting a <Context> for the manager webapp in server.xml?

 - Chuck

Re: DEPLOY ON STARTUP

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Joan Ventus Proxy wrote:
> Hello,
>
> What does 'discovered' by Tomcat mean?

Anything found by the autodeployment process as per the docs.

Mark

 Those contexts located in

RE: DEPLOY ON STARTUP

Posted by Joan Ventus Proxy <jo...@ventusproxy.com>.
Hello,

What does 'discovered' by Tomcat mean? Those contexts located in

Re: DEPLOY ON STARTUP

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

RE: DEPLOY ON STARTUP

Posted by Joan Ventus Proxy <jo...@ventusproxy.com>.
Hello,

I'm starting Tomcat with the "startup.sh" script located in "/bin" Tomcat
installation directory (Linux RHES 3).

I attach my server.xml.

Thanks,

Joan.