Posted to dev@tinkerpop.apache.org by Stephen Mallette <sp...@gmail.com> on 2019/01/07 11:49:09 UTC

[DISCUSS] ASF Board Draft Report - January 2019

Here is the attached draft of our board report for this month. Seems like
I'm forgetting something , either that or it was a "slow" period i suppose.
Please let me know if you have any suggestions to brighten it up a bit. Any
committers/PMC members give any talks or anything since October that I
dont' know about? Any new TinkerPop libs or providers that I dont' remember?

Apache TinkerPop is a graph computing framework for both graph databases
(OLTP) and graph analytic systems (OLAP).

## Activity:
TinkerPop is currently in the final steps of releasing 3.2.11, 3.3.5 and
3.4.0. The 3.2.x line of code is largely closed off to general development
now with changes there reserved for the worst types of bugs. General
development focus is currently on 3.3.5 and 3.4.0. While 3.3.5 has a few
new features and bug fixes, 3.4.0 contains the culmination of nearly a
year's worth of effort with major changes and important changes to the
Gremlin graph traversal language.

The wider TinkerPop community saw some additional growth with two new
third-party libraries:

* gremlin-ide[1] a IDE for Apache TinkerPop enabled systems
* JUGRI[2] a Jupyter Gremlin Interface

In our last report, we mentioned that we were still awaiting acceptance
for an invitation sent to a new PMC member. That invitation has since been
accepted by Jorge Bay-Gondra.

## Issues:
There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Releases:
- 3.2.10 (October 15, 2018)
- 3.3.4 (October 15, 2018)

## PMC/Committer:
- Last PMC addition was Jorge Bay-Gondra - October 2018
- Last committer addition was Harsh Thakkar - August 2018

## Links

[1] https://github.com/bechbd/gremlin-ide
[2] https://github.com/meltwater/jugri

Re: [DISCUSS] ASF Board Draft Report - January 2019

Posted by Stephen Mallette <sp...@gmail.com>.
I've submitted the report to the board....all done.

Posted by Stephen Mallette <sp...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robert Dale <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stephen Mallette <sp...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robert Dale <ro...@gmail.com>.