Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Attila Kinali <at...@kinali.ch> on 2010/02/25 13:27:14 UTC

svn ls/co -r does not work on deleted or moved directories

Moin,

Setup:
1) create a repo with a few directories
2) commit some stuff
3) delete a directory at revision 42
4) commit some more stuff
5) do an svn co -r 41 svn://path/to/deleted/dir
-> this will fail with a "file/directory not found" error

Interestingly, using the @ notation
svn co svn://path/to/deleted/dir@41 works fine.

Same is true for svn ls, using -r<num> in svn:externals properties
and probably a few other places as well.

I had a look at the issue tracker but couldnt find any related entry.

			Attila Kinali
--
If you want to walk fast, walk alone.
If you want to walk far, walk together.

RE: svn ls/co -r does not work on deleted or moved directories

Posted by Giulio Troccoli <Gi...@uk.linedata.com>.
> Moin,
>
> Setup:
> 1) create a repo with a few directories
> 2) commit some stuff
> 3) delete a directory at revision 42
> 4) commit some more stuff
> 5) do an svn co -r 41 svn://path/to/deleted/dir
> -> this will fail with a "file/directory not found" error
>
> Interestingly, using the @ notation
> svn co svn://path/to/deleted/dir@41 works fine.
>
> Same is true for svn ls, using -r<num> in svn:externals
> properties and probably a few other places as well.
>
> I had a look at the issue tracker but couldnt find any related entry.

That's becuase it's not an issue. It's how it's supposed to work. See
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.5/svn.advanced.pegrevs.html

Linedata Services (UK) Ltd
Registered Office: Bishopsgate Court, 4-12 Norton Folgate, London, E1 6DB
Registered in England and Wales No 3027851    VAT Reg No 778499447

RE: svn ls/co -r does not work on deleted or moved directories

Posted by Giulio Troccoli <Gi...@uk.linedata.com>.