Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Raman <ra...@smartdatainc.com> on 2003/12/26 11:16:40 UTC

Performance Issue

Our site is facing a performace issue we need to track what are the bottle necks in this.

We are Using
1. Tomcat 4.1
2. Post Gre Sql 7.1
3. Struts 1.1
4. Red hat Linux

Our pages required quite good number of results from database. you can say we fire around 20-30 queries to create dynamic left Nav, Right nav , Center content etc. we are using Custom Tags for this.

What we have done so far:
1. Checked all the Data Access files for connection/recorset close.

We need to know some tools or some way from where we can get to the bottle neck of the performance.

Thanks
Raman Garg

Re: Performance Issue

Posted by "...." <ce...@basebeans.com>.
And what DAO are you using?
The slowest and most buggy part of J2EE is Data Access.

I use OpenSta for testing!
Once you have a DAO, do showplan on your SQL.

But my guess is as soon as you pick a DAO you'll be fine.

.V

ps:
(did I ever happen to say on this list that iBatis DAO has built in
auto-cache, auto-flush, and has a great Tutorial by Rick Reuman and a
great example PetStore 3? iBatis is *VERY* easy, you should be able to
write 30 querries quick like. See when you use Struts, you should use
DAO, else use Servlets w/JDBC if you do not use a framework.
Note to self: write a Wiki FAQ)