Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Wasik, Paul" <Pa...@ipc.com> on 2005/07/08 20:49:17 UTC

Tomcat & JSVC Errors

Hello,

I'm rather new to Tomcat. I have configured Tomcat 5.0.28 to launch
under a non-privileged user account using the jsvc launcher. Tomcat
works fine except I am finding the following errors in my Tomcat logs.
I'm running this on Red Hat EL3 Linux server. I'm running the Sun JDK
1_5_0_03.

jsvc.exec error: Service exit with a return value of 143

Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM warning: Can't detect initial thread stack
location - find_vma failed

Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to resolve this? I
have Googled around but not found a good answer.

Thanks,

Paul

Re: Tomcat & JSVC Errors

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
At a first guess, compare the version of libgcc for jsvc and libjvm.so.  I
remember that "java -version" tells you the second one on Lynux.  Otherwise,
you can use 'ldd'.  You can also use 'ldd' to get the first.