Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by James Green <ja...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/30 15:34:35 UTC

Swing GUI example?

I've not looked in depth and I don't have an immediate requirement so
apologies for the woolly question but is there an example of using the
PDFBox Swing components in a real application?

In our specific case we have the fully featured PDF in memory and can
import into PDFBox easily, but at present to view it we're handing it over
to the Operating System for opening in whatever it sees fit as a file.
Would be nice to extend our application to open a new Swing window and put
into it some PDFBox component that provides Reader-like controls.

Not entirely sure how far away we are from this given the PDFBox code that
already exists in the pdfviewer package.

Thanks,

James

Re: Swing GUI example?

Posted by Andreas Lehmkühler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Hi,

> James Green <ja...@gmail.com> hat am 3. September 2013 um 14:21
> geschrieben:
>

> This looks promising. In our case we wouldn't want File etc as we already
> have it. Perhaps there's scope for me to patch it to optionally include
> such UI functionality (defaulted on)?
Any help/improvement/patch is welcome. Create a ticket on JIRA and attach your
patch to it.
If your are not sure wether your improvement does make sense for PDFBox,
start a discussion on the dev mailing list and we'll see what to do.

> On 30 August 2013 19:58, Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Am 30.08.2013 15:34, schrieb James Green:
> >
> >  I've not looked in depth and I don't have an immediate requirement so
> >> apologies for the woolly question but is there an example of using the
> >> PDFBox Swing components in a real application?
> >>
> >> In our specific case we have the fully featured PDF in memory and can
> >> import into PDFBox easily, but at present to view it we're handing it over
> >> to the Operating System for opening in whatever it sees fit as a file.
> >> Would be nice to extend our application to open a new Swing window and put
> >> into it some PDFBox component that provides Reader-like controls.
> >>
> >> Not entirely sure how far away we are from this given the PDFBox code that
> >> already exists in the pdfviewer package.
> >>
> > Have a look at the PDFReader [1], it's simple and exactly what you are
> > looking
> > for.
> >
> >  Thanks,
> >>
> >> James