Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Ken Krugler <kk...@transpac.com> on 2020/01/30 00:47:03 UTC

Status of FLINK-12692 (Support disk spilling in HeapKeyedStateBackend)

Hi Yu Li,

It looks like this stalled out a bit, from May of last year, and won’t make it into 1.10.

I’m wondering if there’s a version in Blink (as a completely separate state backend?) that could be tried out?

Thanks,

— Ken

--------------------------
Ken Krugler
http://www.scaleunlimited.com
custom big data solutions & training
Hadoop, Cascading, Cassandra & Solr

Re: Status of FLINK-12692 (Support disk spilling in HeapKeyedStateBackend)

Posted by Yu Li <ca...@gmail.com>.
btw, the upstreaming work is lagged but not stalled, and the biggest PR
(with more than 6k lines of codes) [1] [2] was already merged on Nov. 2019.

We are sorry about the lagging, but we're still actively working on this
feature, JFYI (smile).

Best Regards,
Yu

[2] https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/9501