Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Jonathan Linczak <li...@hiram.edu> on 2004/11/02 22:42:33 UTC

assets not showing up in Site info area

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone knows something on this one - I'm moving my
documents to the second server slowly so that I don't loose out on any
changes to config files, etc. in the 1.2.1 version.  Everything's going
smoothly, except when it comes to assets.  I popped in all my assets
from <pub-name>/resources/authoring/ and <pub-name>/resources/live/ and
the pages are bringing them up just fine, but when I go the Site tab,
click on a page at the left that has an asset assigned to it, then
click on the Assets tab, those assets aren't listed.  I can't seem to
find where assets would be registered with the file in some way - it
seems to be linked because the folder name in the resources folder is
the same as the folder name in the content folder.  Any suggestions?

Jon

Re: assets not showing up in Site info area

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Jonathan Linczak wrote:

> Well, it turns out after adding in my own assets in the same way that
> was done before, the asset still wasn't showing up.  But, I found at
> that the user added the asset without the title.  If the title was added
> with the asset, the asset was displayed.  Would this be considered a
> bug?  Perhaps this needs to be changed so that you can't upload the
> asset unless a title is included?

indeed. i fixed this for the asset upload inside bxe, but have yet to do
so for the info area. good catch

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss
http://wyona.com                          http://lenya.apache.org

Re: assets not showing up in Site info area

Posted by Jonathan Linczak <li...@hiram.edu>.
On Nov 3, 2004, at 10:13 AM, Rolf Kulemann wrote:

> On Wed, 2004-11-03 at 15:32, Jonathan Linczak wrote:
>>> Create a new asset and compare the meta file to yours. I guess there
>>> will be a difference since the site tab used wrong meta data to guess
>>> type of asset and file name.
>>

>> Well, it turns out after adding in my own assets in the same way that
>> was done before, the asset still wasn't showing up.  But, I found at
>> that the user added the asset without the title.  If the title was
>> added with the asset, the asset was displayed.  Would this be
>> considered a bug?  Perhaps this needs to be changed so that you can't
>> upload the asset unless a title is included?
>
> Can you please file a bug, so that this issue stays on radar?
> Thanks for testing :)

Sure, the bug has been added.  Thanks!

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jonathan Linczak <li...@hiram.edu>.