Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Daniel Ritchey <ri...@hotmail.com> on 2001/07/15 06:26:54 UTC

Alternative to NSI

Microsoft has its own installation mechanism built in to Win2000 & WinXP and
offers a download to add it Win9x.  Its the same thing that the binary
release of Apache for windows is packaged in.

Just thought I would throw that out there, I don't know if it has any
advantages over NSI.

Re: Alternative to NSI

Posted by "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@betaversion.org>.
Remy Maucherat at remy@betaversion.org wrote:

> I had a tweaked version of the script, but unfortunately my main HD died on me
> a few moments ago. The tweaks weren't too complex so I should be able to put
> them back in quickly.
> What would I do without IMAP (thanks Pier ;-)) and CVS ? (since of course I
> never back up anything) :-)

I'm going to put a fee on the few gigs of emails you store on my servers :)

    Pier

RE: Alternative to NSI

Posted by "Rob S." <rs...@home.com>.
There's a free~ish version of Wise I think... isn't that what Apache(httpd)
uses?

Either way Remy, I tried the install last nite (NSI) and it worked fine.
Looks pretty cool too =)

- r

Re: Alternative to NSI

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@betaversion.org>.

Re: Alternative to NSI

Posted by Rolf Veen <ro...@helide.com>.
The Windows installer I like most is InnoSetup
(www.innosetup.org). It's free, but not MSI based.

Rolf.