Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Tall Bee <ta...@gmail.com> on 2005/02/14 16:09:54 UTC

Failure on first MX entry results in failed message

James failing on some of the emails (very small percentage) and we
send about 100 messages a day.

I have looked up the logs and did some research and found out the
following.  If the target mail server has more than one MX entry and
if the first MX entry does not work or connection refused then mail
delivery fails.

few lines from James.Mailet:
1099079785668 [INFO   ] (James.Mailet): RemoteDelivery: attempting
delivery of Mail1099079706793-70-!1486361412-to-DOMAIN_NAME_DELETED.com
to host mail.DOMAIN_NAME_DELETED.COM. to
[SMITH@DOMAIN_NAME_DELETED.COM, DAVIS@DOMAIN_NAME_DELETED.COM]
1099079791027 [INFO   ] (James.Mailet): RemoteDelivery: Exception
delivering message
(Mail1099079706793-70-!1486361412-to-DOMAIN_NAME_DELETED.com) - Could
not connect to SMTP host: mail.DOMAIN_NAME_DELETED.COM., port: 25
1099079791027 [INFO   ] (James.Mailet): RemoteDelivery: Temporary
exception delivering mail
(Mail1099079706793-70-!1486361412-to-DOMAIN_NAME_DELETED.com:
javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host:
mail.DOMAIN_NAME_DELETED.COM., port: 25
	at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.openServer(SMTPTransport.java:855)
	at .........

Anyone with information on how to let James look at multiple MX
entries one after the other would be helpful.  I am using the default
config file with very minor/no changes.

Thanks

Re: Failure on first MX entry results in failed message

Posted by Tall Bee <ta...@gmail.com>.
I have been putting it off until now as we have had it in the
production environment for almost 18 months now.  Now I gotta do it.

Thanks.

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.

Posted by Tall Bee <ta...@gmail.com>.
JAMES SMTP Server 2.0a3-cvs on Windows 2000 platform.

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.
Tall Bee wrote:
> I have looked up the logs and did some research and found out the
> following.  If the target mail server has more than one MX entry and
> if the first MX entry does not work or connection refused then mail
> delivery fails.

What version?

--
Serge Knystautas