Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org> on 2002/02/27 14:26:19 UTC

another article on perl.com

it seems mod_perl is gathering some serious momentum lately...

in addition to Paul's "Preventing Cross-site Scripting Attacks"
article last week

http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2002/02/20/css.html

we have a new article by Stas, "Why mod_perl?"

http://perl.com/pub/a/2002/02/26/whatismodperl.html

so, mod_perl is front and center on perl.com this week.

nice work everyone!

--Geoff

Re: another article on perl.com

Posted by Issac Goldstand <ma...@beamartyr.net>.
[snip]

> Just to assure you, 99.9% of the old code will run as is. Though there
> are many new things ;)

 Actually, that's what I'm interested in...  I've mentioned on the IRC room
on a number of occasions, that I'd like to try to use the new threaded
interface to try to design some new innovative types of WebApps, based on
IPC or shared memory pools...  Every once in a while I decide to start
looking into it, and then just as quickly put off delving into the Apache
2.0 API...  Oh well... It can wait, I suppose :)

  Issac

Re: another article on perl.com

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Issac Goldstand wrote:
> Can I humbly suggest some articles that would lead to a guide for mod_perl
> 2?  I'm actually a bit embarrassed to admit that this is more out of
> personal laziness than real need... I've just been so swamped lately, I've
> never gotten around to looking at the API for Apache 2.0, and therefore have
> no idea what to expect :-)

give me some time, unless someone bits me to it. Once the new site is
done I'll write some.

The new site already includes quite a few documents on 2.0, just give us
a little more time as we polish things.

Posted by Andy Lester <an...@petdance.com>.
> our book I haven't had the time to delve into 2.0 as much as I would like.  that, and with the
> economy being what it is, my free time to get familiar with, contribute to, and work with 2.0 is
> practically null...
>
> of course, with proper funding, that could all change...

I'll be glad to PayPal you a buck.

Andy

--
%_=split/;/,".;;n;u;e;ot;t;her;c; ".   #   Andy Lester
'Perl ;@; a;a;j;m;er;y;t;p;n;d;s;o;'.  #   http://petdance.com

Re: another article on perl.com

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.
Issac Goldstand wrote:

> Can I humbly suggest some articles that would lead to a guide for mod_perl
> 2?  I'm actually a bit embarrassed to admit that this is more out of
> personal laziness than real need... I've just been so swamped lately, I've
> never gotten around to looking at the API for Apache 2.0, and therefore have
> no idea what to expect :-)
>
> But it's still a useful thing to have...

Stas is definitely ahead of me on the 2.0 game.  really, after spending months and months working on
our book I haven't had the time to delve into 2.0 as much as I would like.  that, and with the
economy being what it is, my free time to get familiar with, contribute to, and work with 2.0 is
practically null...

of course, with proper funding, that could all change...

:)

Posted by clayton cottingham <dr...@telus.net>.
Stas Bekman wrote:

> Keith G. Murphy wrote:
> > Stas Bekman wrote:
> >
> >>If you know of other prospective magazines looking for articles please
> >>let me know.
> >>

> > Well, on the web side of things, there's this:
> >
> > http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/
> >
> > They have a fair number of decent articles, including one on CGI.pm
> > (under the "Linux" topic, for some reason).  So mod_perl should at least
> > get equal time.
> >
> > Article submission is here:
> >
> > http://www-105.ibm.com/developerworks/newcontent.nsf/myidea
> >

> Great, thanks Keith.
>
> For those who plan to send me prospective zines, I already have:
>
> Dr.Dobb's Journal, New Architect (prev. Web Techniques), CNet,
> LinuxMagazine, SysAdmin, the perl review.
>
> Those who publish the articles already are: perl.com, apacheweek.com,
> apachetoday.com.

what about slashdot and perlmonks?

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.

Posted by "Keith G. Murphy" <ke...@mindspring.com>.