Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ruel Loehr <ru...@jboss.com> on 2005/10/20 20:59:25 UTC

[m2] multiproject and dependency management.

I am looking at how, am a newbie, and have some questions I hope you can
help with.   I've looked through the documentation but haven't found the
concrete answers I am looking for.

I have two projects, project A and B where project A depends on project
B.

1)  How is this represented in the pom.xml?  Would project B considered
a module in this case or an actual dependency?
2)  Is that functionality in place such that I could get project B as
either a binary or as source from cvs and then build it?

Ruel Loehr
JBoss QA

Re: [m2] multiproject and dependency management.

Posted by Miks Rozenbergs <mi...@exigengroup.lv>.
Brett Porter wrote:
> This mode is not currently avilable (only binary, or from source in
> your current source tree). It's a good feature request though, if
> someone would like to file it in JIRA and vote....

Here you are -- http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-1326. However this
is my first file on JIRA, so I might have missed something. And I also
do not know how to initiate voting.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Miks Rozenbergs <mi...@exigengroup.lv>.

Posted by Sridhar Radhakrishnan <sr...@redhat.com>.
>I have two projects, project A and B where project A depends on project
>B.
>
>1)  How is this represented in the pom.xml?  Would project B considered
>a module in this case or an actual dependency?

In Project A's pom.xml, you would need something like this...

<dependencies>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>foo</groupId>
            <artifactId>B</artifactId>