Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Bob Epling <Bo...@twtelecom.com> on 2000/08/17 18:43:23 UTC

installing on Winnt

Hi all,

I am fairly new to tomcat and am trying to install it on a Winnt machine.
I followed the instructions in the user guide included with the binary
source and can't seem to get it to work.
I have tweaked the PATH, CLASSPATH  to no avail.
I have set my JAVA_HOME to the java executable for version 1.2.
When I run startup, I get a dos window briefly and a list of what classpath
it is using and then nothing.
When I run shutdown, I get no dos window and a list of what classpath it is
using and then an error at the end noclassdef foun
org\apache\tomcat\startup\Tomcat.
I have unjarred the jar files in the tomcat lib and pointed java to them.
I still get that error...

I don't need to install apache do I?

help...

Thanks,