Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Jeppe <Je...@smarttrust.com> on 2007/01/28 01:43:02 UTC

http binding component and JAAS

The http component has as far as I understand it today quite limited basic
authentication capabilities, by configuring a fixed user/password.

Are there any plans to add delegation to JAAS instead of checking fixed
user/password? Would it be a difficult task?

Is there a better place in service mix architecture to add this? Another
option I was thinking about that it might be better from a performance point
of view if it was added in the servlet container. On the other hand side
it's more "neat" to have it contained in the service assembly itself since
there might be multiple SAs, running with different authentication needs.