Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Mr Igor Galperin <ig...@yahoo.com> on 2004/01/07 23:43:58 UTC

Cocoon 2.1.2 on Weblogic 6.1 is performing slower than on Tomcat 4.1.29

The XSL processing by Cocoon installed on Tomcat is
pretty fast.
The same application deployed in Weblogic 6.1 SP3
takes about 5
times more time to do the XSL part.

In Tomcat it takes about 1 second , in Weblogic 5
seconds. We tried to use the SAXON, but it
still very slow.

Any ideas ?

Thank you.
Igor.

Re: Cocoon 2.1.2 on Weblogic 6.1 is performing slower than on Tomcat 4.1.29

Posted by Patrick Hess <po...@pbone.biz>.
Mr Igor Galperin wrote:

> The XSL processing by Cocoon installed on Tomcat is
> pretty fast.
> The same application deployed in Weblogic 6.1 SP3
> takes about 5
> times more time to do the XSL part.
>
> In Tomcat it takes about 1 second , in Weblogic 5
> seconds. We tried to use the SAXON, but it
> still very slow.

I never tried if this is also correct for 6/5 but on Weblogic 7/8 it's
speeding up a lot when changing the the servlet reload checks from -1
(always check) to something highter (we're using 0, never check). I
don't have a WL console available at the moment but if you need details
tell me!

Patrick