Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Jens Bruhn-Hansel <we...@jensbruhn.de> on 2019/11/14 08:21:45 UTC

PDLineAppearanceHandler

Hi,

thanks for your support. We are using PDFBox 2.0.16 and it looks like
PDAnnotationLine.constructAppearances() makes the annotation rectangle a
lot larger when increasing the border width to values like 20, ... The
rectangle doesn't shrink again, when I decrease the border width again.
We are using this annotation as arrow.

It looks like PDLineAppearanceHandler.generateNormalAppearance
calculates too big/too small values in these lines:
rect.setLowerLeftX(Math.min(minX - Math.max(lineEndingSize * 10,
Math.abs(llo+ll+lle)), rect.getLowerLeftX()));
rect.setLowerLeftY(Math.min(minY - Math.max(lineEndingSize * 10,
Math.abs(llo+ll+lle)), rect.getLowerLeftY()));
rect.setUpperRightX(Math.max(maxX + Math.max(lineEndingSize * 10,
Math.abs(llo+ll+lle)), rect.getUpperRightX()));
rect.setUpperRightY(Math.max(maxY + Math.max(lineEndingSize * 10,
Math.abs(llo+ll+lle)), rect.getUpperRightY()));

Thanks a lot,
  jens

Re: PDLineAppearanceHandler

Posted by Jens Bruhn-Hansel <we...@jensbruhn.de>.
Hi Tilman,

sorry, I wanted to say, that the value of the lowerLeftX value is
getting too small and the upperRightX values is getting too big. The
rectangle is never too small, just far too big.

Sorry for that.

Thanks again,

  jens

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.