Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by da...@davidwbrown.name on 2009/04/26 21:46:30 UTC

Wicket in Action book p. 38

Hello Martijn, Eelco, Wicketeers and mortals, I have purchased the WIA book and today I have rifled up to page 38. I have never read the preface or the About Book pages of any of my Computer Books (of which I have a few...). After reading the About Book, downloading the source, building with Maven, importing into Eclipse, making Hello World changes the entire package, book, source, build structure did not miss a beat! I'm impressed! I'm even reading the: Best Practices stuff (which I usually skip...). I plan to stay the course and read cover-to-cover. I must admit I have been peeking and cheating ahead somewhat. The import of the WIA source into Eclipse made it impossible for me to not Look Ahead.

I realize if I can get to the Cheese shopping cart sections of WIA and the accompanying source I will have to see if I can replace the embedded hSQL with the embeddable MySQL. I can't help myself I must pose the question: has anyone embedded MySQL with Wicket? See link below. Please advise, David.