Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Jordan Zimmerman <jz...@netflix.com> on 2011/09/06 19:39:27 UTC

'kill' isn't very deadly

I have a script that executes 'kill' on an instance when needed. However,
the process isn't dying. After the "kill", ps still shows the process
running. Any ideas?

-JZ

Re: 'kill' isn't very deadly

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
I guess that this counts as "disabled by default" with the additional
proviso that it can't be enabled at all.

Re: 'kill' isn't very deadly

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Re: 'kill' isn't very deadly

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <jz...@netflix.com>.
Lol - that would explain why it isn't working

Re: 'kill' isn't very deadly

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

Re: 'kill' isn't very deadly

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <jz...@netflix.com>.

Re: 'kill' isn't very deadly

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Re: 'kill' isn't very deadly

Posted by Philip Smith <ph...@apple.com>.
kill -9

Review the man page to understand how a process responds to the different signals.

On Sep 6, 2011, at 10:39 AM, Jordan Zimmerman wrote:

> I have a script that executes 'kill' on an instance when needed. However,
> the process isn't dying. After the "kill", ps still shows the process
> running. Any ideas?
>
> -JZ

Regards, Philip

Philip Smith