Posted to users@maven.apache.org by piotr_tarnowski <pi...@wp.pl> on 2007/12/10 22:21:19 UTC

Using different plugin with standard lifecycle

Hello Maven users,

I work with maven for more than a year now and I come to point when I must
alter standard SITE lifecycle
replacing site plugin binding with my own. I've checked every available
source of information (yes, BBwM as well) and used every trick which came to
my mind but found no way to do this altering. The only which is working is
replacing META-INF/plexus/components.xml in Maven distribution jar. I know I
can define lifecycle of my own non-standard packaging, but this is not a
solution - there is a lot of places in Maven source code (and plugin's as
well) with special handling of "pom" packaging.

Did I missed something ? .. or this is by design ;)

Regards,
Piotr Tarnowski