Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by nseb <se...@hotmail.com> on 2014/07/20 20:17:00 UTC

Assembly and Branding

I create my own distribution karaf including my application. I use the maven
plugin. By cons, how can I change the branding of the console at the time of
assembly?

Regards,

-----
CTO , JeetConsulting.

Analyze now your Maven Java projects' dependencies , here

Re: Assembly and Branding

Posted by nseb <se...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks,
pfff, I'm tired, I have a lot of \ to escape in my branding

Regards,

-----

Re: Assembly and Branding

Posted by Andreas Kuhtz <an...@gmail.com>.
Did you escape the special characters like '\' with a '\' ?

Cheers

Re: Assembly and Branding

Re: Assembly and Branding

Posted by nseb <se...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks !!
the property file directly is perfect

-----

Re: Assembly and Branding

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Seb,

it depends of the version. You have two ways to do the branding.

Working with all Karaf version, you have to create a branding bundle
containing a branding.properties file in the package
org.apache.karaf.branding.
This bundle exports the org.apache.karaf.branding package.

Starting from the coming Karaf 3.0.2/Karaf 2.4.0, we simplified the
branding. Now, you can just add a etc/branding.properties file looking like:

welcome = \
\u001B[36m        __ __                  ____      \u001B[0m\r\n\
\u001B[36m       / //_/____ __________ _/ __/      \u001B[0m\r\n\
\u001B[36m      / ,<  / __ `/ ___/ __ `/ /_        \u001B[0m\r\n\
\u001B[36m     / /| |/ /_/ / /  / /_/ / __/        \u001B[0m\r\n\
\u001B[36m    /_/ |_|\\__,_/_/   \\__,_/_/         \u001B[0m\r\n\
\r\n\
\u001B[1m  Apache Karaf\u001B[0m (${project.version})\r\n\
\r\n\
Hit '\u001B[1m<tab>\u001B[0m' for a list of available commands\r\n\
    and '\u001B[1m[cmd] --help\u001B[0m' for help on a specific
command.\r\n\
Hit '\u001B[1m<ctrl-d>\u001B[0m' or '\u001B[1mosgi:shutdown\u001B[0m' to
shutdown Karaf.\r\n

prompt = \u001B[1m${USER}@${APPLICATION}\u001B[0m>

So, no need to create the branding bundle, directly
etc/branding.properties file is enough. So, this method is a perfect fit
for your need as you can populate the etc/branding.properties in your
assembly.

Regards
JB

On 07/20/2014 08:17 PM, nseb wrote:
> I create my own distribution karaf including my application. I use the maven
> plugin. By cons, how can I change the branding of the console at the time of
> assembly?
>
> Regards,
>

> -----
> CTO , JeetConsulting.
>
> Analyze now your Maven Java projects' dependencies , here

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Assembly and Branding

Posted by nseb <se...@hotmail.com>.
I dot it , but my bundle is deployed system and not in lib which is the only
directory or branding can be taken into account.

-----

Re: Assembly and Branding

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
I'd say you'd need a multi module setup,
one module containing your application, another one the console branding
and the third the custom assembly.

regards, Achim

> I create my own distribution karaf including my application. I use the
> maven
> plugin. By cons, how can I change the branding of the console at the time
> of
> assembly?
>
> Regards,
>

> -----
> CTO , JeetConsulting.
>
> Analyze now your Maven Java projects' dependencies , here

Apache Member
Project Lead
blog <http://notizblog.nierbeck.de/>