Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Rohit Karlupia <ro...@qubole.com> on 2018/01/23 05:01:39 UTC

Spark Tuning Tool

Hi,

I have been working on making the performance tuning of spark applications
bit easier.  We have just released the beta version of the tool on Qubole.

https://www.qubole.com/blog/introducing-quboles-spark-tuning-tool/

This is not OSS yet but we would like to contribute it to OSS.  Fishing for
some interest in the community if people find this work interesting and
would like to try to it out.

thanks,
Rohit Karlupia

Re: Spark Tuning Tool

Posted by Mich Talebzadeh <mi...@gmail.com>.
looking good. do we have a downloadable version of this product? I assume
it will be installed on one of the edge nodes?

regards,

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com

such loss, damage or destruction.

Re: Spark Tuning Tool

Posted by "☼ R Nair (रविशंकर नायर)" <ra...@gmail.com>.

Re: Spark Tuning Tool

Posted by Shmuel Blitz <sh...@similarweb.com>.
Hi,

Which versions of Spark does the tool support?
Does the tool have any reference to the number of executor cores?

From your blog post it seems that this is a new feature on your service.
Are you offering the tool for download?

Shmuel

On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 7:02 PM, Timothy Chen <tn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Interested to try as well.
>
> Tim
>
> On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 5:54 PM, Raj Adyanthaya <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Its very interesting and I do agree that it will get a lot of traction
> once
> > made open source.
> >
> > On Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 9:01 PM, Rohit Karlupia <ro...@qubole.com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I have been working on making the performance tuning of spark
> applications
> >> bit easier.  We have just released the beta version of the tool on
> Qubole.
> >>
> >> https://www.qubole.com/blog/introducing-quboles-spark-tuning-tool/
> >>
> >> This is not OSS yet but we would like to contribute it to OSS.  Fishing
> >> for some interest in the community if people find this work interesting
> and
> >> would like to try to it out.
> >>
> >> thanks,
> >> Rohit Karlupia

Shmuel Blitz
Big Data Developer
Email: shmuel.blitz@similarweb.com
www.similarweb.com
<https://www.facebook.com/SimilarWeb/>
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/429838/> <https://twitter.com/similarweb>

Re: Spark Tuning Tool

Posted by Timothy Chen <tn...@gmail.com>.
Interested to try as well.

Re: Spark Tuning Tool

Posted by Raj Adyanthaya <ra...@gmail.com>.

Re: Spark Tuning Tool

Posted by manish ranjan <cs...@gmail.com>.
This is awesome work Rohit. Not only as a user, but I will be also super
interested in contributing to solving this pain point of my daily work.

Manish

~Manish

Re: Spark Tuning Tool

Posted by "lucas.gary@gmail.com" <lu...@gmail.com>.