Posted to user@manifoldcf.apache.org by jetnet <je...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/25 18:58:48 UTC

Delete a job without removing documents from the index

Hi Community!

According to the documentation, when you delete a job in ManifoldCF,
all documents that were indexed using that job are removed from the

In some cases this behavior might be undesirable.

So, is it safe then to delete a job from the database directly without
impacting the output connection?

delete from jobpipelines where ownerid =  JOBID
delete from jobqueue where jobid = JOBID
delete from jobs where id = JOBID

Thanks!
Konstantin

Re: Delete a job without removing documents from the index

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Konstantin,

MCF is a synchronizer, not a crawler.  That means we expect that there will
be multiple executions of a job.  If you start hacking MCFs job
information, you will no longer be able to properly synchronize those
documents in the future.

There are many tables in which incremental tracking information is kept.
Simply deleting the job will not leave MCF in a state that it can function
properly.

Thanks,
Karl